Sunday, March 28, 2010

Best. Workout. In. Years.

Wow. Today has just been a good day over all. I woke up early, worked on homework, and then headed to the gym. I ran 3 miles with ease (and at my new faster pace). 5k here I come!! :D Then it was off to do some serious lifting. My arms could use the toning. And let me tell you, I definitely felt (and am still feeling) the burn today. I was much more productive today. I like to push myself a bit extra on Sundays because I have a very hard time fitting in working out on Mondays with my schedule, so I usually use it as a rest day.

It definitely helps that I had some good "fuel" before working out. Plain oatmeal with fresh pieces of apple, cinnamon, and a drizzle of honey. Om nom nom. I think that definitely gave me the extra boost of energy I needed today. Unfortunately, I ate it too close to when I left to workout (an hour before). My stomach is really fussy when I run so I usually can't eat 2 hours prior or I get sick. I thought maybe I'd outgrown that. Nope. Definitely could feel the oatmeal trying to escape while running. So lesson learned. But still, I managed to have my most successful workout today, so I'm proud of myself for pushing through the stomach cramps.

Total estimate of calories burned: 750

Woot woot! Now it's off to do homework and keep on this productive track. Later gator.

No comments:

Post a Comment