Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I've really been struggling to get up lately...perhaps I should try getting 8 hours of asleep instead of 7, although that usually ends up poorly. 7 hours is usually a good median for me between being painfully over tired and incredibly groggy. For some reason getting even the slightest bit of too much sleep leaves me drowsy the whole day. I've cut back on my lattes...actually, I've cut them out all together. This wasn't entirely intentional, but I don't really mind. They were just empty calories anyhow. I must admit though, that when a test comes around that I need to study for, I might cave in and get one. I've been drinking more regular coffee although with cream and sugar added, I'm not sure how much good I'm really doing for my body. So I'm switching over to mostly tea. Thankfully, I'm fairly sensitive to caffeine, as I am a fairly new coffee drinker (I didn't really start until last year). Although I have noticed that I've been having to drink more than I used to (a small cup of coffee used to make me super jittery and slightly nauseated) which is unfortunate because it's going to take quite a bit of time before my brain can prune off all those receptor sites that are begging for caffeine...but I digress.

I watched Food Inc. yesterday. Granted, I've watched quite a few of those PETA videos where they show the true brutality of animal treatment (although I can't tell you why I ever watched them to begin with), but this one seemed a bit more interesting. There was more substance, and I didn't feel like the need to be a vegetarian was being crammed down my throat. This movie was a bit more thought provoking, and it incorperated the business/corporate side of things which I thought was pretty interesting. Although I can't say that it will necessarily change much in eating habits personally for quite a while (if at all), I do think it was worth watching.

So like I mentioned earlier, I had a hard time getting up, so what should have been an hour and a half workout ended up being only an hour, but I feel pretty satisfied right now. Ran another 2 miles, so that's good. I also ran it at a faster pace than normal with no difficulty, so at least I know my hardwork isn't in vein. I'm considering doing a 5k on April 11th as a sort of precursor to the one I want to run with my dad, but it all really depends on what I end up doing in terms of celebrating my boyfriend's birthday (which is the day before).

Today's numbers:
Ran 2 miles
Walked .5 miles
Elliptical 15 minutes
Bike 30 minutes
Total estimated calories burned: about 500

No comments:

Post a Comment