Sunday, March 21, 2010

Quick Update

This beautiful weather is such a motivator to work out. I already feel good about how nice it is outside, and then after a nice long workout I feel even better. Life is truly good, and I'm happy to be getting back to a more healthy lifestyle.

Went for a nice long work out today. I usually run 2 miles every time I go to the gym, but today I pushed myself the extra bit and ran 3. I really wanted to keep going but unfortunately my knee started to twinge which, as told by my doctor, should be a red flag for me to stop running since I've already had surgery on it :[ Stupid physical impairments holding me back. But at least I learned what I need to do in order to be ready for the 5k with my dad: increase the strength of my knee gradually. I cooled off with a half mile walk, then moved on to the elliptical and then to the bike. So here are today's numbers (which I'm posting only to keep a personal record of it).

Run/Walk: 3 miles
Elliptical: 20 minutes
Bike: 15 minutes

Total calories burned: 600


Now it's off to study and do homework. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment